A Unique Bed & Breakfast Accommodation with Historic Calgary Charm.
Welcome to Historic Twin Gables bed and breakfast in downtown Calgary. The only 5 star boutique business- class bed and breakfast.
Twin Gables Bed and Breakfast in Calgary gives you your private entrance to gracious suites, tastefully decorated and functional for today’s lifestyle.
Twin Gables is across the street from the Elbow River with miles of pathways , and 1 block away from great Calgary shopping & fine dining on trendy 4th Street
In Calgary bed and breakfast means a night at Twin Gables. Built in 1910 this downtown Historic arts and crafts style B&B home maintains the romance of a bygone age. Fully restored, this Calgary bed and breakfast shows the elegance and richness of the past is alive with leaded stained glass windows, hardwood floors, tiffany lamps, pocket doors and antique furnishings. Delightful Bed and Breakfast accommodations.
You can also:
- soak in a spa bath or antique claw-foot tub (with modern plumbing, of course!)
- watch a movie on your 32 or 42-inch flatscreen HDTV
- keep up to date using the free wifi available throughout the house on your own laptop, or the complimentary guest computer in the sun room
- cross the street and walk or jog along the river, with miles of picturesque pathways and river crossings
- work out at the Olympic Talisman Centre (6 blocks east)
- visit the great shopping and fine dining on trendy 17th Avenue (an easy 10 minute walk north) or trendy 4St. 1 block east.
- enjoy the evening peace of the tranquil garden, listening to the fountain and watching the twinkling lights and squirrels in the trees.
“Home away from home”
I have stayed nearly 50 times in this fabulous B&B. Henry and Deirdre are awesome hosts, and I leave feeling spoiled every time. Most of my stays have been on business (I am currently President of the Law Society of Alberta) but my wife and I have returned to stay just for fun and to see a concert (Van Morrison). We have even sent some of our office staff to Calgary to stay, just for a super special treat!
The location is awesome, its easy to get to and to get downtown. The breakfasts are superb and Deirdre always asks me what I prefer to have. The value is really there, and when I compare the cost of parking, breakfast, internet, it costs not much more than a middle of the road hotel in the beltline. If I compare the cost of getting equally pampered (a major downtown hotel suite) its a bargain.
This is our 7th visit to Canada and we have stayed in many B&Bs but this ranks as one of the best. Perfectly located, close to a supermarket, within easy walking distance of the Stampede Ground and it is about a 25 minute walk to the centre of Calgary. A wonderful B&B with character but what makes it special is the wonderful breakfasts, the thoughtful ‘touches’ such as the toiletries, umbrellas to borrow (hopefully you won’t need them!) and, most of all, Deirdre’s warm welcome and friendliness throughout the stay. We would definitely stay here again.
Dr Vanessa Smith (PhD Tourism, Lecturer in Tourism, Huddersfield Technical College, England )